A new born baby is like the beginning of all things. They are very soft, they are infant, and they can’t do anything by themselves so they need extra cares in a proper way, because first 30 days is very sensitive for newborns. Their skin, bones, breathing, and sleeping system as well as keeping have to maintain carefully by newborns parents and relatives. Some of the important points of taking cares newborn are given below-
- FEADING – Expect your baby to need to feed at least 6 times/24 hours at 1 month of age. If they are breastfeeding this could increase up to 12 times.
- SLEEPING – Most small babies go to sleep soon after feeding. Give your baby plenty of opportunity to sleep and be sensitive to their sleep cues.
- KEEPING WELL – Newborns don’t have a strong immune system yet, so they are susceptible to infection. Make sure that everyone who handles your baby has clean hands.
- BONNES CARE – **Be careful to support your baby’s head and neck**. Whenever cradle the head, when carrying your baby and support the head when carrying the baby upright or when you lay your baby down.
- BREATHING – Newborns naturally breathe faster than toddlers. It should be 50 or 60 breaths per minutes for a newborn. So you have to careful about your newborns breathings progress.
- SKIN CARE – Keeping your baby warm and nourished is tops on your list. Baby skin care is just as important. A newborn baby is born with wrinkly skin and a protective covering that naturally peels off during the first week. There’s no need to rush it, rub it, or treat it with lotions or creams. Simply give your baby sponge bath two or three times a week will keep your baby safely clean. In between, simply clean baby’s mouth and diaper area with a little water or cleanser.
How to take care a new born baby- Many parents have confusions about swaddling newborn baby which is another important care for baby. Below given some the proper way of swaddling new born baby-
- Spread out the receiving blanket, with one corner folded over slightly.
- Lay the baby face-up on the blanket with his or her head above the folded corner.
- Wrap the left corner over the body and tuck it beneath the back of the baby, going under the right arm.
- Bring the bottom corner up over the baby’s feet and pull it toward the head, folding the fabric down if it gets close to the face. Be sure not to wrap too tightly around the hips.
- Babies should not be swaddled after they’re 2 months old. At this age, some babies can roll over while swaddled
How to take care a new born baby- Diaper rash is a common concern. Typically the rash is red on bumpy and will go away in a few days with warm baths, some diaper cream, and a little time out of the diaper. Most rashes occur because the baby’s skin is sensitive and becomes irritated by the wet diaper. Below given some tips to get prevent from diaper rash-
- Change your baby’s diaper frequently, and as soon as possible after bowel movements.
- After cleaning the area with mild soap and water or a wipe, apply a diaper rash or “barrier” cream. Creams with zinc oxide are preferred because they form a barrier against moisture.
- If you use cloth diapers, wash them in dye- and fragrance-free detergents.
- Let the baby go undiapered for part of the day. This gives the skin a chance to air out.
If the diaper rash continues for more than 3 days or seems to be getting worse than please consult with your doctor.
How to take care a new born baby- Umbilical cord is another sensitive part of a newborn baby.Some doctors suggest swabbing the area with rubbing Oil until the cord stump dries up and falls off, usually in 10 days to 3 weeks, but others recommend leaving the area alone. Newborn baby’s navel area shouldn’t be submerged in water until the cord stump falls off and the area is healed. Until it falls off, the cord stump will change color from yellow to brown or black this is normal.
How to take care a new born baby- Babies often swallow air during feedings, which can make them fussy. You can prevent this by burping your baby frequently; Try to burping your baby every 2 or 3 ounces if you bottle feeding. If your baby tends to be gassy or seems fussy during feeding, try burping your little one every 5 minutes during breastfeeding. Some few ways to burping your baby is given below-
- Hold your baby upright with his or her head on your shoulder. Support your baby’s head and back while gently patting the back with your other hand.
- Sit your baby on your lap. Support your baby’s chest and head with one hand by cradling your baby’s chin in the palm of your hand and resting the heel of your hand on your baby’s chest
- Lay your baby face-down on your lap. Support your baby’s head, making sure it’s higher than his or her chest, and gently pat or rub his or her back.
If your baby doesn’t burp after a few minutes, change the baby’s position and try burping for another few minutes before feeding again. Always burp your baby when feeding time is over, then keep him or her in an upright position for at least 10-15 minutes to avoid spitting up.
How to take care a new born baby- Many newborns have their days and nights mixed up. They tend to be more awake and alert at night, and more sleepy, during the day. One way to help them is to keep the stimulation at night to a minimum. Keep the lights low, such as by using a nightlight. Reserve talking and playing with your baby for the daytime. When your baby wakes up during the day try to keep him or her awake a little longer by talking and playing. It’s important to place babies on their backs to sleep. You have to remove all the beddings, pillows, blankets etc. make sure that your baby wouldn’t feel suffocated on bed. Also be sure to alternate the position of your baby’s head from night to night, to prevent the development of a flat spot on one side of the head.
New born baby’s circumstance should be silent relax and comfortable, more open and air free not clumsy. Okay, I think these are the ways of taking care new born babies. Thanks. If you find any help from this article please comments on it.
You can checkout those link’s for more info: